SEED Go Sustainable
SEED, with the generous support of the Government of Flanders, invites entries from local companies with the potential to realize eco-inclusive business innovation in South Africa. Eco-inclusive innovation enables conventional enterprises to integrate low-income groups into their value chain and to create a positive impact on the environment. The SEED Go Sustainable Programme will show selected enterprises precisely where and how to integrate eco-inclusive solutions into the value chain.
The three phases of the SEED Go Sustainable Programme
During the 6 months period of the Programme, successful applicants will develop and refine their business innovations under guidance of experts:
First Milestone: Leaders Kick-off Workshop 28 - 30 November 2016, Pretoria
The 3-day kick-off workshop will set the ground for the upcoming innovation process. The workshop will be geared by a participant-led and hands-on methodology. Enterprises will work on their own company cases guided by new conceptual approaches, and business tools learning from real-life case studies. The workshop will provide selected companies with ample opportunities:
- INSPIRE – Get inspired by others’ experiences of successful eco-inclusive business models
- ACT– Advance your own eco-inclusive business model in participatory working sessions.
- INNOVATE – Generate eco-inclusive solutions through state-of-the art business tools • NETWORK – Connect and build networks with a group of like-minded peers and fellow leaders
Who is eligible?
The Programme is for teams and individuals who lead small and medium-sized enterprises in Limpopo, KwaZulu-Natal, Free State, and Gauteng. It guides change makers in influential economic positions at the interface of politics, business and civil society. Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have:
- Extensive experience in their industry
- Basic experience or a strong interest in developing their business further with eco-inclusive new products and services
- Staff resources to commit certain hours per month to the development of eco-inclusive new products and services
- Basic experience or a strong interest in expanding to new eco-inclusive markets
Please note: Given the maximum number of participant slots, we will only be able to accept 10 companies. Participation is free of charge (travel and accommodation costs not included). In exceptional cases, a limited number of subsidies for participation and accommodation costs can be made available. We particularly welcome applications from women & youth entrepreneurs.
How to apply?
And send the completed 2-page concept note to firstname.lastname@example.org by 07 November 2016. For more information on the programme and eligibility criteria please see the Call for Applications and if questions remain, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +49 30 890006899.