How to Apply
Please read the eligibility criteria, see what previous winners have achieved, and have a look at some of SEED Research publications on Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators to help you to understand what kind of Award Winners we are looking for.
There are two ways to apply for a SEED Award:
The Call for applications for 2016 SEED Awards closed on 31 March 2016.
SEED Application Process
Stage 2: Selection of shortlisted (March - April)
An internal selection team will process the applications in order to compile a shortlist of the most promising enterprises. The shortlisting process will be through careful consideration of each application against each of the eligibility criteria.
Stage 3: Submission of additional information (End of April - early May)
Enterprises selected as one of the shortlisted candidates will be contacted by SEED. They will be requested to provide the following additional information in order to help the jury select the Award Winners:
- a business plan - even if it is only a draft;
- a letter from each partner explaining their role and their relationship to the lead organisation;
- 3 references from people in external organisations or roles that are familiar with the enterprise and/or the individuals leading the enterprise
- photographs and any other relevant visual material to help us to picture the enterprise (if available)
Applicants for the SEED Gender Equality Award, will you also need to:
- provide evidence that the enterprise is women-led or women owned, such as a copy of any registration or tax report (further details will be provided to shortlisted candidates)
Stage 4: Selection of Winners (June - early July)
Based on the applications and the additional information, Winners will be selected by an international jury of external experts in sustainable development. SEED will conduct due diligence tests and authenticate the information before the SEED Winners are finally selected.
SEED will notify all applicants of the result. SEED Award Winners will also be announced on the SEED website.
SEED Support Process and Symposia
All SEED Winners will be profiled at the SEED Africa Symposium on 28 & 29 September 2016 in Nairobi, Kenya. During 6 months, from July to December, the SEED Winners receive specific business support based on their needs.
FAQs and Contact
For any queries, please see the most Frequently Asked Questions. If your question is not in the in the FAQs or if you are unable to submit your application electronically, please contact SEED by phone (+49 30 890006899) or fax (+49 30 890006815).